Friday, July 25, 2008

Touge

I used to be really big into the touge scene when I was a senior in high school. Friday night was all I looked forward to the whole week. Friday night. That means by 10pm I'd be finished with church, and meet up with all my car friends. Maybe go to the meet in milpitas, then go touge. By 12am I'd be on the dark, narrow, curvy mountain road, driving full throttle pushing the hell out of the ego maniac in the bigger faster more expensive car infront of me. Wrx, 240sx, s2000, miata, civic, rsx, sti, evo, doesnt matter. The touge isn't about what kind of car you drive, but how you drive it. It's all about shitting on other peoples faces. To me, that was the biggest thrill. I wasn't just some wreckless teenager driving way too fast for his own good on a dangerous mountain road. No. well... yeah i was, actually. Anyways.

I was the guy who shits on everyone else who thought they were just like me. I was there to insult them, their driving skill, and their car all at the same time just by driving faster than them in my little girly car. yeah, its fun.

When you go touge, you have to leave your ego at home, or else you'll get yourself killed. It doesn't matter how old you are, what school you go to, where you work, how much money you have, what car you drive, how smart you are, or how dumb you are. The touge doesn't discriminate. You WILL die if you push yourself too hard. Thats what I loved most about the touge.
Respect the touge, or die.

Fast forward about 2 years. I finished my first year in Davis, haven't really been driving as much as I used to, but now I've fallen in love with autocross.

Here is what is wrong with the touge.
1. You WILL get into a car accident someday
2. Cops
3. Deer
4. Too many ricers
5. Too many people with inflated egos just like me before.
6. You risk your life just for the thrill of feeling alive


I've definitely grown out of the touge scene now. Sure i enjoy a spirited drive still, but i save my enthusiasm for driving for legally sanctioned driving events. It's just not worth risking my life over. I guess back then I didn't really have that much going for me, i was only 17, went to high school, and had a sports car. What the hell is there to care about other than racing???
Now im 18. nothing really changed other than the fact that i went to College for 9 months, but it really did change me a lot.
I realized that im no longer a child, so therefore i shouldnt act like one. Touge is stupid and wreckless.

And sooooo, here i am on a friday night, getting ready to workout. I love my life. too lazy to write about how fucking awesome working out is. ill save that for another blog.

No comments: